Do you enjoy a shower each day? Many of us do, but what about those who find themselves without a roof over their heads? What would you do if life threw you a curve and you found yourself without shelter and the simple necessities of life? This is a daily reality for some within our community and as a community of faith we have been called to respond with the hospitality of a warm shower. The words of Jesus found in Matthew's Gospel inspire our ministry, "Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these... you did it to me." Seeing the dignity of each and every person melts our hearts, as we open our doors and offer the availability of our shower facilities every Tuesday and Thursday morning. Along with a shower we offer food, clothing, reading material, and hospitable conversation. Joy abounds as the simplicity of a shower brings hope.
Would you like to be a part of this ministry? Here are multiple ways to help:
- Collect soaps, shampoos, razors, etc and drop them off at the church
- Collect gently used towels and drop them off at the church
- Come and be a part of the hospitality team on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 6 am to 10 am or any time in-between
- Volunteers are needed to launder the towels.
- Would you like to volunteer plumbing skills and help us install our donated washer and dryer?
- If you would like to make a donation to this ministry just click the button to the left that says "Support our Ministries."
Get the word out and help us continue to offer the hospitality of a warm shower!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Shower of Ministry Video
On Sunday, January 25, 2015, we celebrated 60 years of serving our community through the First Presbyterian Church of Garden Grove. The church was chartered on January 23, 1955, and we are ever thankful for the privilege of continuing to serve. The Youtube link attached chronicles what God is doing through us, as we respond to those without homes in our community. In attendance, as we celebrated in worship on Sunday, were about 30 guests from our shower ministry and the emergency family shelter that is housed in our facility this January and February.
The video was produced by our Presbytery and we are thankful for their partnership in mission! God is at work and we are privilege to be God's partner. To God be the glory!